Finally I decided that enough was enough and it was time to cut these ideas loose. However looking through them, I thought there were some ideas that had potential and it would be a shame to just delete them. I also noticed I still had my partially finished and unused third Bat Storm trailer. Since I did spend some time working on these ideas I thought it might be interesting to show them off in a kind of 'deleted scenes' style animation.
To that end I've put together 'Unused and Unfinished'. A collection of scenes from all my unfinished works that I've decided to discontinue.
Unused and Unfinished by etourist
Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!
Some points of interest in this animation include:
- The scene with Bat Storm attempting to buy a cape is the original seed idea for my later Lil Peepz Bat Star Animation I'd like to buy a Cape.
- The scene with the glasses wearing character being zapped onto a hill side was for an animation based on the original story idea I had for The Extraordinary Tourist - the character that I created and adopted the name as my online nickname. The character in the animation is based on myself.
- Joyce, the green haired girl from GoAnimate's Cartoon Classics theme, has some pretty unusual animation sequences that I thought would be perfect for a horror animation trailer. Plus she can hold almost any weapon with unnerving authority - a little like Hit Girl from Kick Ass.
- The Youtube Complaints Dept. sequence was going to be the next episode in the series but I spent so much time responding to comments on my Harry Partridge response video that the idea of doing a Youtube complaints video became tedious.
- The Slime Alien was a character designed by GoAnimate user Dalek32 who seemed to loose interest in having the character made so I never finished all the actions.
- The Idolization Overdose trailer was a collaboration project that I pulled the plug on due to 'creative differences'. A script for episode one was written but never animated.
- The stick figure creeping up to the fire hydrant was an experimental idea where I was trying to make the stick figure and the world around it look like it was cut from paper.
- The How to Look After Your Zombie section was an animation I did a lot of research for on Zombies and even partially wrote a script for. However I found it too difficult to translate my ideas using GoAnimate characters - and I didn't want to do a lot of flash animation work just to make it happen.
- The stick figure Batman and Joker I created originally to try my ideas for the Matrix 360 degree spin that I eventually used Lil' Peepz characters to create in Re-Animatrix. I created the stick figure Batmobile after creating a Domo Batmobile on Domo Animate in a currently unreleased animation.
- The Robocop section is taken from a script I started to write and intended to animate with Crazy Talk Animator but decided I rather animate my own characters than spend all my time working on a Robocop animation. Below is a really rough test I did using Crazy Talk Animator
- The final Happy Bunny music video for the song Wish You Well by Bernard Fanning was something I started just because I noticed the Happy Bunny theme background with Happy Bunny walking towards camera reminded me of the actual video for the song. I toyed with the idea of recreating the whole video using the Happy Bunny theme.