I don't blame you. I said there was no guarantees I'd even finish when I started. Good news is, I've picked up the tools again and gotten back to work.
This time the project is part of my daily schedule and not just something I'm doing in my spare time. That means there is a high chance I'll get this done. It'll still be slow going as I'm only working on it for about 90 minutes a day but that is a 90 minute increase from zero so you can almost feel the g-forces in that acceleration!
If you'd like to catch up, here are the links for Part 1 and Part 2.
So where am I at?
Well I've been working on this for just two days so far. When I downed tools last time I was in the process of converting my Manga Studio finished views into DrawPlus images and then coloring them. At the time I had only completed the front view.
|Coloring JAC in DrawPlus. No need to color the right side limbs |
as these can be created by flipping the limbs from the left.
In two days I've managed to convert and color the back view and place it into the DrawPlus CTA2 Character Template.
Fortunately it hasn't been the painfully difficult process I anticipated. Particularly with the coloring which I anticipated would be very slow going but working with vector shapes makes it easy to just copy the colored shapes from the first view and then place them into the next. Then it's just a process of modifying the color to the specific view.
|Adding the colored back view of JAC to the|
DrawPlus Template. Five views to go!
Anyhow, for this update I'll keep it brief as, in the big scheme of things, this isn't that much further than my last update. However, I was happy to discover I hadn't forgotten how to use DrawPlus (which often happens when I don't use software for quite some time) and could just get straight back into a routine.
Hopefully by next post the majority of this work will be done. It's very possible you may even see a character test animation within the next three weeks. Can you handle that acceleration!